15 SIMPLE HACKS TO BOOST YOUR HEALTH
The world is full of hacks these days. Work efficiency hacks. Relationship hacks. Dog grooming hacks. Fitness hacks. And of course, simple health hacks, which may be the most important of all. After all, everything revolves around your health. Here are 15 simple hacks to boost your health.
Single events rarely impact your health. It's the little things each day that maintain or destroy your health.
Boost your health with these simple tips:
1. Try intermittent fasting. The human body wasn't designed to deal with a constant stream of calories. Our ancient ancestors certainly didn't have the luxury of three meals a day, plus snacks! An 8-hour eating window each day is plenty, and many experts advocate significantly less than that for adults.
Fasting is proving to be a great supplement to your diet of choice. Whether you tend to go low carb, keto, paleo, etc. By fasting, this only complements any lifestyle choice (diet).
There are several different ways to approach the intermittent fasting. And if you try fasting check out the different ways that may best work best for you.
2. Bodyweight exercises. You can get a great workout at home without any equipment. If you can't even do a single push up, stand at the bottom of the stairs and place your hand on an appropriate step. If you're really out of shape, lie flat on your back on your floor and stand back up. Repeat. Repeat.
3. Have a piece of dark chocolate each day. Dark chocolate is delicious and has numerous health benefits. It can be a great way to finish your evening meal or as a special treat.
4. Use smaller plates. Studies show that using a smaller plate leads to eating less. If you wish to cut calories, this is an easy trick that works, as long as you don't go back for seconds or thirds because the plate is smaller.
5. Take a cold shower. Hot showers feel good, but there's not much else you can say about them. However, a cold shower has many benefits. Lower stress levels, better immune response, increased tolerance to pain, and weight-loss can all be yours for a few minutes of misery each day.
6. Move around at least once each hour. Give yourself a break each hour and move around for at least 5-10 minutes. It's good for you, and you'll get more work done by taking regular breaks.
7. Challenge your brain each day. Spend some time each day working on your brain. For example, learn something new, play chess, do a crossword puzzle, or learn a foreign language.
8. Laugh. Laughing is good for your mind and your body. Stream a funny movie, read some jokes, or talk to a funny friend.
9. Stretch. While you're watching that funny movie, get on the floor and do some stretching. You'll feel better and make yourself more resistant to injury.
10. Get plenty sleep. You can't be healthy if you're not getting enough sleep. Experts recommend 7-8 hours each night.
11. Eat your vegetables. Most vegetables are full of vitamins and minerals and low in calories. High levels of nutrition with minimal calories will boost your health and reduce your waistline. It's hard to overeat if you're eating a lot of vegetables. If you are working toward a Balanced diet.
However, if you are leaning toward a low carb to carnivore spectrum. Then watching your carbs and would mean that many vegetables would not apply.
12. Use fruit for dessert. Fruit is nutritious, but most fruits are also high in sugar. Use fruit to finish your meal and avoid less healthy dessert options. Or even avoid dessert all together. Making it an occasional treat.
Again, if you are low carb to Paleo. Then your dessert options will be different. As we stated in #3 A piece of Dark chocolate, you can't go wrong.
13. Avoid screens before bed. By the end of the day, you've already spent plenty of time looking at computer, TV, and smartphone screens. Give your brain a break, and you'll sleep better.
14. Keep a journal. A journal can reduce stress and boost mental health. Writing in a journal can be a great way to end your day.
15. Drink more coffee and tea. Both provide a ton of health benefits.
There are simple things you can do each day to enhance your health. It's important to recognize just how important your health is. There are plenty of examples in the news every single day of people that are suffering from illness.
While you can't avoid every injury and sickness, there are many things you can do to put the odds in your favor. A little self-care for your health each day adds up to a lot of health benefits.